View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:12 AM   #12050
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That's what I mean, I wonder if the left hand found out the right hand offered more money and figured they better up the ante to keep in the running on future projects.
Oh my, but you're a cunning creature.

But truthfully, my current PM raised the rate because the author wanted me to do a little additional work. Beyond checking the final proof bibliography against the author's original manuscript, the author asked if I could also do a bibliographic crosscheck against the citations mentioned in the final proof chapter files (to make sure the chapter citations match the bibliographic citations).

Guess what? They don't. A LOT.

So. I'm assuming the author has had a chance to review the chapter files I submitted and likes my work. And I'm assuming that the author is deeply interested in getting this edition of the book perfect. Because (I'm assuming) the original author of this book (and many others on matters concerning the throat and speaking) died earlier this year, and this 10th edition is meant to be a sort of tribute + all-inclusive, major reference work that updates all the shit that came before it. And so that's why, I'm assuming, they gave me a better rate for the whole book (320 pages), even though the extra work I'm doing concerns only the front/end matter (52 pages).

I don't know if any of this is true, but you got me thinking and I've had several cocktails, so there's that.

Bottom line? Evidently, I'm a fucking genius when it comes to this picayune shit, but by god there's a spot on the planet for me!

Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote