View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 06:04 AM   #12
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Pierce, darling, if you weren't such a fascist sympathizing holder of a summer's-day IQ, I wouldn't have to dismiss your discreditable argument -- that a people wouldn't want democracy in view of everything else that's out there on view -- as airily and persistently as I do. It seems some mental block with you: you have for some time shown a willingness to bow before the opinion that is essentially that of oppressive, repressive minorities. But I do not bow before the opinions of fascists/communists/objectionable-ists. You lose that mental block, that undue willingness to sympathize with those not deserving the least sympathy, and a new light will dawn right there in your frontal lobes. The enlightenment is this: smart people want liberty. Villains don't. The smart people should neutralize the villains, and it wouldn't be any too wrong to reduce the villains to holes full of smoke before they can implement their programs of oppression. Undemocracy makes oppression convenient, and oppression may have the working definition of "not having democracy."

IOW, you'll get to enjoy enlightenment instead of walking in fascistocommunist darkness, foolishness, and misery. I haven't met a smart fascist sympathizer yet. And the dumb thing you're doing is in essence trusting official opinion polls from despotisms. Is it true that you'd rather be persuaded that less-than-democracy is good enough for those foreigners out there, than that they might perhaps do as well as we do by doing it generally as we do? Look to the immigration situation for refutation of that idea.

Nondemocracy creates poverty -- is this even open to dispute? People, given a choice, leave nondemocracy and its poverty and go to prosperous democracies, do they not?

Now is there any inherent sin or wrongness in democracy coming to them right where they're squatting?

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 12-29-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote