View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #15
Griff
still says videotape

How do you respond to the recession that is beginning as you take office?
Deregulate where it makes sense. Let the recession happen since deferred recessions will probably hit harder.

What is your military and defense policy in general?

Bring home the troops. Focus on defense of American territory not 'interests" which look suspiciously like subsidies for individual players.

How do you respond when the Chinese are holding your AWACS flight crew in captivity?

Our surface ships and planes were not there.

How do you respond when planes crash into the WTC?

Hit the responsible people and organizations hard. Build on the international support that was immediately forth-coming.

How do you respond when envelopes with white powder start showing up and killing people?

Let the pros do their jobs.

What do you do when you receive intelligence that Iraq has continued working on WMD?

Don't cherry pick the intelligence to match my (obviously different)agenda.

The really hard question was the one you didn't ask. What do we do about Iraq? Clinton and Hussein worked pretty hard at destroying that country, what would moral policy be? I suppose I would have militarily supported the Kurdish move to independence as part of a coalition and lifted the embargo. The Kurds were already a distinct community struggling for independence. It would be up to the Shiites and Sunnis to settle their differences. The only justification for our continued presence was our hand in making the mess. The long view is energy independence and free trade with willing partners.