View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #1804
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

I don't know. Somewhere along the way, I learned that there are only a very few people whose opinions mean a goddamned thing. Everyone else can fuck right the fuck off.

I wasn't a chubby kid, never was anywhere near obese, but that societal thing we all grew up with - only emaciated women are "beautiful" - was always there. Mom regularly encouraged me to lose a few pounds even though I wasn't overweight (I just wasn't emaciated). In my mid-20s I did put on a few too many pounds and went on a big diet - lost 40 lbs and suddenly I fit the "beautiful" (emaciated) category.

Still couldn't get a date, so what was the point of starving myself?

I suppose that told me that society's idea of beautiful was all fucked up, and at that point I stopped paying attention to such foolishness. Now, 30-some years later, I've grown a small menopause belly and I still don't give a shit. If you don't like what I look like, don't look. But I'll be damned if some random stranger's opinion means anything to me, and the people who do love me have already figured out what I know to be the real truth - outside don't count; only the insides matter.

As for the kid winning a trophy and getting compliments on their appearance - those people are idiots who don't know what really matters in life. Ignore them. Life is so much better without idiots.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote