View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #770
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I have sympathy. There is so much misinformation being spread about this thing and so much mistrust of official sources that I can absolutely see how someone could reach that conclusion. It isnt like they had a massive gathering. Just a few family members - so convinced were they the worst was over.

It's deeply sad. Many, many people, both those who believe the seriousness of Covid and those who don't have taken silly chances here and there - usually pretty small scale and most of them won't have had an experience as bad as that guy and his family

This is the cost of misinformation being spread and/or endorsed by people in government and the media that supports them, alongside the systematic dismantling of whatever trust used to exist for most of the major news outlets
I understand what you are saying but despite distrust of media, government, and the commies in the bushes, one can err on the side of caution when in doubt. One can research past pandemics, and one can use reason and logic to try to find a closer approximation of the truth vis a vis this pandemic. Chances are that countries are not inflating their death rates. I see this more of a "I went to google University so I know more than anybody else"