Thread: Today's bit@h
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #15
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Yeah, the fun never stops. When I was on an SF A-Team doing military free fall parachuting operations from 22,000 ft. over White Sands Missile Range, the jumpmaster briefing included keeping an eye out for small, low flying, border running aircraft passing underneath us even though we were a hundred miles in. Apparently, those wanting to make illicit cargo drops liked large unpopulated areas to do their thing in at the time.

But we had some actual fun on a trip to El Paso coming back from a little R&R in civvies across the border in Juarez; because, everyone on the team spoke a second language. When the Customs agent asked if we were US citizens, the commanding officer (Captain), who was first in line, elaborated on how we were all in the US military, only he did it in German. They told him to wait there. They asked the next person (NCO) if he was a US citizen. He said much the same thing, only in Arabic. They asked him to there wait too. Then they got to me, only my spiel was in French. Customs agents started getting anxious as they looked down the line at the rest of the team members. That's when the CO had us all take out our military ID cards and began reading Customs the riot act, in his mid-west English, about how offensive it was that they were detaining these men who were giving their all to their country yada yada yada.

Customs realized that they had been had and were happy to see us go.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote