Thread: Stray cats?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry, Dana, I disagree. I honestly believe too many cats means too little value placed on them. There's been a long curve between pampered Temple cats, useful mousers and countless kitties euthanised by charities.

All the cats that I've had, that my family have had, that my friends and colleagues have had have been spayed/ neutured. And never one single incident reported back to me in 41 years of a problem because of it.

The only exception to neutering came from a colleague and I seriously bit my tongue when I heard her reasons, "I have a male cat, it's up to owners of female cats." Said colleague refused to split her waste into recycling "unless I'm paid to do it" so Ibundle it all together as selfish.
Her cat went missing. It may not have been connected but I'm just saying.
After all Dylan went... and I have always recycled.

No male cat I have owned has been neutered for roaming, affection, spraying or fighting. Their testes have been drained to stop them making unwanted kittens.

Everywhere I've lived has had feral cat communities. London especially. Which we as taxpayers foot the bill for. Sorry to sound like The Taxpayers' Alliance! But from a cat lover's POV they are half starved, riddled with fleas and worms and the queens are just breeding machines for more kittens with the same problems.

In closing, neuter and spay all cats. Unless you are a certified breeder. And they do the same anyway (my boys were pet quality so they were snipped)
More cats will die if you don't.