View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #1109
Snakeadelic
Banned

And some singer from the 90s who had a career while I stubbornly kept my car radio (only one I owned) turned off due to an ongoing squabble between me and a buncha teenagers I kept having to ferry around Seattle. Only band in Seattle in the 90s I liked was Queensryche; never did go for the switch from "sex, drugs, and music are AWESOME" lyrical aesthetic from 80s hair metal to "life is horrible, everyone I love is a monster, and oh yeah let's write another song about a kid who guns down half his homeroom" tone of what I still refer to as Pearl-Garden-In-Chains.

A very old, like Golden Age of Cinema old, fella who I believe was an announcer or commentator or the like. Vaguely remembered his name when I read about it, can't think of it now.

Coroner's report finally came back on George Michael and the verdict is: "shoulda cleaned up your life sooner, bucko." Fatty liver, myocarditis (which nearly killed my mom and my neighbor's mom both), and dilated cardiomyopathy (left ventricle of the heart becomes oversized in muscle thickness, which can lead to poor circulation and other problems as that ventricle is the heart's main engine, driving the rhythm of all 4 chambers). All are known side effects of repeated bouts with both drug addiction and weight gain/loss cycles.

Live hard, die young.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote