Thread: Global warming?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #76
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Not fully? Thats an understatement. I don know that we have really even scratched the surface (pun intended).

Well put Bullitt.
Thanks.

Whenever I hear about plans to alter the oceans or the atmosphere or some other significant part of the environment, I always think back to that ill-conceived plan to create artificial reefs off the coast of Florida with bundles of old tires. The intentions were good, help the environment and rectify some of the damage we have done to it. Except the ocean tossed those tires around so badly that they ended up wreaking havoc on the underwater reef ecosystem. So much so that now millions of $ has to be spent to recover all the tires. We need to be extraordinarily careful when tampering with the ecosystem in a manner that we think is corrective. History is full of stories of invasive species and other unintended consequences, that sometimes end up being worse than the initial situation, stemming from people rushing a "fix" into place when careful, scientific consideration for the after effects is not properly pursued.

Last edited by Bullitt; 04-23-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote