Thread: Bruises
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #251
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

So, on Tuesday this happened... while installing some ductwork on a rehab project a piece of it fell about 8 feet and hit my hand - cut side down. This was my first experience with the guillotine effect.
Thankfully, I was working with my son and he was able to help me create a compression bandage and get it wrapped up pretty tightly before I lost too much blood.
While driving me to the hospital ER in West Chester I noticed my vision when monochrome and then everything went completely white. Somehow cutting my hand made me go blind. Very weird. It only lasted for a few minutes and then I could see normally again.
When we got there and finished the 8 page admission paperwork we were told it would be an hour+ wait... (*&^%*^%$'s) My patience waning I basically said fuck you very much and we left for the Urgent care facility 15 minutes away. I was still bleeding pretty bad and took a calculated risk. They only 5 pages of admission paperwork and saw me in 15 minutes.

The duct hit the floor and my hand on an angle only hitting the outside of my pinky finger. Had it hit flush to the floor I'd be posting missing fingers. I guess after they cleaned the blood off it, it didn't look so bad.
Attached Images