Thread: 08ama!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #51
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Because he beats the R field in some early polls, while Hillary doesn't.

The guy has zero built-in negatives and world-class poise.
I'm finally making up my mind. Virginia's election is Tuesday, and I'm gonna vote for Sen. Obama. I've had several thoughts about this but it all boils down to UT's quote above from over a year ago.

I think conservatives aren't too fond of McCain, and are less likely to vote in the general election because of that. But if Sen. Clinton is the Democratic nominee, they will all get out to the polls just to vote against her. Obama doesn't generate that kind of hatred. It's the "Billary" and "Hitlery Cliton" etc. comments here on the Cellar that have really opened my eyes. You conservatives really hate her.

I don't think she has been treated fairly at all, but the reality is the reality. You can't pretend it isn't there. I doubt she can win in the general election against McCain, and even if she does win, she will face serious obstruction beginning her first day in office. She would have to fight for every scrap as President. There would be no honeymoon.

Remember all the protesters at Bush's first inaugural parade? I don't think that had ever happened before. You will have that again if Clinton becomes president. I really don't want a polarized country any more. I'm sick of it.

So I'm voting for Obama. He's not the magnet for hate that Sen. Clinton is. Plus, he's inspiring. That counts for a lot.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote