View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #237
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

A manager I've worked with for 7 years died yesterday after a months long fight.

He had previous heart issues, and was on meds, pacemaker etc.... in September, his aorta burst. He should have died then. But he didn't, and they put a new aorta into him.... he rehabbed, actually came in to work one day to visit. He looked like a dead man then. like grey-yellow, and loose. ....faded.

about a week later, he had a bad stroke, and it took him a month to finally give up and let go. He was Fred Flinstone. looked like him, talked like him, was blustery, hot headed and usually wrong.... but he was my friend. I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. I feel bad for his wife, Patty. He was old school Italian, and he handled everything his way. She's going to be lost for a time, I think.

I meet those women in my job. having to buy a car on their own for the first time... If the subject comes up, they always cry or something that makes me sad.... like if the husband is on the trade title... that's a real pain in the ass
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote