Thread: I am tone deaf
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Ohmigods.

Satan's Own Do-It-Yourself project.

The world has been saved from an overage of pipers because of the cost, and now someone comes along and makes it CHEAP??

My Scots ancestors surely are rolling in their graves, but because of a particularly traumatic band trip to Canada in which my high school marching band shared a Toronto hotel floor with a group of drunken Ontario policemen who were in their pipe and drum corp and chose to play their pipes while drunk all night, and who's going to stop a bunch of drunken Ontario policemen from playing their pipes in the Capital of Ontario? I have a distinct aversion to bagpipe "music," sometimes also referred to as "cat strangling."

Of course there is one exception to this ... I am driven to tears by hearing the first three notes of Amazing Grace on bagpipes, and blubber my way through the rest of it, but drunken renditions of Danny Boy and Loch Lomond send me into a fit of murderous rage.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote