View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #2
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"I will not answer posts from other dwellars in this thread and would prefer if you did not also. This will keep the waters from getting any muddier than necessary."

Works for me (so, shut the fuck up, tw).

#

"Essentially, the discussion centers around what (if any) weapons an individual citizen should be allowed to own/operate. Agreed?"

Okay.

#

"the categories seem right to me."

As you'll see, I don't care about classifications so I'm okay with your definitions.

#

"An individual should be allowed to own and use a single-action weapon, a semi-automatic weapon, an automatic weapon, a hand-grenade, a bazooka, a howitzer, armor-piercing rounds, atomics, a doomsday device, an antimatter projector, a psychotronic death ray, etc."

Not about 'allowing'. As I say in the other thread: if I want a bazooka, can find a bazooka, can meet the price asked for, then I'm gonna have a bazooka. Whether I'm 'allowed' to or not won't figure into my reasoning except as such restrictions will shape how I go about locating and buying that bazooka.

Where the law is sensible to me, I got no problem abiding; where the the law is nonsensical, I got no problem navigating around.

Now, there are folks out there, some of my acquaintance, who probably shouldn't be allowed to own and use spoons, but -- bein' a mind your own business, keep your hands to yourself kinda guy -- I'm inclined to let them off themselves by way of their own incompetence and be ready to self-defend if they look my way too hard. I'm not inclined to hobble them.

====

"If you've agreed up to here, is there any weapon you think an individual should not be allowed to own/operate?"

I can't think of single one -- including Galactus -- that I want denied to me. Personally, I want all of 'you' to be weaponless but that's just a preference, one moderated by 'mind your business, keep your hands to yourself'.

#

"Should every individual be allowed to own/operate the weapons above?"

Again, not about 'allowing'. If Jack is crafty and wants X, then Jack is probably gonna have X, no matter what you or I or Congress have to say about it.

#

"Should past felons be allowed?"

See above.

#

"Should people who have been declared mentally unstable be allowed to open some/all of the weapons above?"

See above.

#

"Should there be an age limit for owning the weapons described above?"

Kids, be definition, lack experience which is a necessary ingredient for self-responsibility (sumthin' lackin' in many adults) so, I leave this one to parents to decide, hopin' said parents aren't nimrods.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote