View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 09:20 AM   #224
Snakeadelic
Banned

Recipe #3
Pomegranate juice or juice blend--any dark red juice you like will work; I happen to like pomegranate and hate cranberry.
Vodka
Sprite (tho any clear lemon-lime soda should work)

I use about 1.5 to 2 shots of vodka, about 3 shots of juice, and pour Sprite on top until the cup is full. The name comes from a complicated blend of my smartassery, my knowledge of many things horse-related, and a random choice of container for the first batch. The container is an oversize coffee mug my neighbor got as a promo gift with an order of cigars, and is adorned with the logos of the Man O'War brand of cigars. Some of you may know there was a VERY famous racehorse many decades ago whose name was Man O'War; he won 20 of his 21 racing starts, including a spectacular "match race" against his lifetime competitor, Sir Barton. When they were raced just against one another to prove who was the better horse, Man O'War won...by over 200 feet of clear space! In horse racing, a "length" is the length of the horse from the front point of its shoulder to the back point of its haunch just below the tail, which tends to be around 7-8 feet. So I mix up this bright red concoction in a mug with Man O'War written on it and immediately named it 21 Lengths--the official distance by which Big Red won that match race.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote