Thread: Zen
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 05:35 AM   #37
Mystic Rythm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphageek31337
I just worked a double shift, and I'm two scotches deep into myself, so I'm going to attempt to reply to this (after translating, first):

Now, my personal understanding of Eastern thought on duality is not actually changing the two components, but simply recognizing them as being two sides of the same coin and that neither may exist without the other. Just as light could not exist without being defined at its borders by darkness, so darkness would cease to be were it not intruded upon occasionally by light. Also, dualities do not exist in conflict (common in western thought, things such as "good vs evil"), but in harmony with each other. One must look at the symbolism of the yin/yang, with each side not pulling against the other, but flowing into it. This deceptively simple little piece of artwork, in fact, almost perfectly illustrates eastern thoughts on the nature of duality and/or opposites.

Also, Mystic Rythm (sic), I have to ask for my own reasons where you are from and what language (if any) do you speak natively?
DUALITY AND ITS INDVIDUALISM ARE THE THINGS WITH BOUNDARIES MINGLING INTO EACH OTHER. BUT THEY DO HAVE BOUNDARIES. IT IS JUST SIMPLY HARD TO EXPLAIN LIKE THE DUAL NATURE OF LIGHT IN QUANTUM PHYSICS.
AND I AM NOT GOING 2 PAY U A PENNY FOR UR TRANSLATIONS. ANYWAY THANX 4 THE IDEA U CONVEY IS SAME.
Mystic Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote