Thread: Rims
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #102
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Since I've devolved this thread to anything auto-related, it's as good a place as any for this:

from Kentucky.com

Behold; the new KY State Police cruiser.

Name:  dygenh.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  66.7 KB

Quote:
...state police public affairs division said Wednesday that each cruiser cost $25,400...The Caprice is a full-size, rear-wheel drive sedan developed exclusively for the U.S. law enforcement market. It has a 355-horsepower V-8 engine that provides high performance to meet police needs...Webb said that a research committee tested the cruisers and that they were cheaper than the new Ford alternative.
I wonder if this will be better than the last time our Troopers tried a Chevy. Remember the whale-bodied Impalas that cops all over America couldn't get rid of fast enough? They topped out (the cop version, mind you) at around 100-110 mph. I remember listening to the police scanner one night, and hearing the absolute hatred one trooper had for his Impala, as he was completely left in the dust by a four cylinder Ford Ranger (he outran the trooper, but, he couldn't outrun the radio).

Only a few months later, I listened as a Crown Vic-driving trooper read off the license number of a Mustang GT at 140-something mph.

We'll see how this one does.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote