View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #1644
Snakeadelic
Banned

Also, I note that your quoted material stating that smoke cannot be an allergen is ONLY talking about tobacco. The smoke we get around here is wildfire smoke--it's full of oils from coniferous trees, assorted compounds from toxic plants, and we've had occasions where entire insects roasted to ash have fallen only to collapse at the first touch of anything but air.

And blanket statements about human health are a very risky thing. We do not come with FORD stamped on our foreheads; not all our parts are interchangeable because the singular truth about humans and health is that one size does not fit all. If all humans were truly medically identical, I'd have the correct number of ribs, for starters--and, as verified repeatedly across my life using X-Rays, I am missing the lowest, smallest pair entirely and am also missing one of the next pair up! Until a vertebra count established that fact, it was thought I had half an extra rib, and for years I had friends who called me Sparerib. My mother, on the other hand, has a normal rib count...and a Lumbar 6 vertebra that is NOT part of her sacrum. My spine has no L6, transitioning normally from L5 to Sacrum 1 (fused to the rest of the sacral vertebrae as is also normal).
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote