View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #39
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I'm on it and its far worse than what I had before the PPACA.
My costs have basically tripled, as has my OOP and my copays are far less.
For example, I get fever blisters. Meds used to be a $20-25 co pay. Now my silver plan covers 90% That leaves me about $200 to pay instead. Again, I'm a pretty healthy guy for my age so there is that. Tough to listen to people who aren't forced to deal with this when its the rest of us who are getting screwed.
As for the 26 ... Thats like a "get a life" age. At 26 I had a kid and another on the way. Its ridiculous to keep adults on mommy and daddy's plan at that age. Get the fuck out of the basement and grow up. If there needs to be a special plan for the injured or disabled ... oh wait, we already have one. This is also counters the "young healthy adults will pay and offset the costs" bullshit we were fed.

The Insurance companies are not the problem. Every other facet of healthcare is. Not one other cost is regulated - Not one. I hate the whole game, but to simply harp on the "Big evil insurance companies" is ... bites tongue.

As far as the " Maximum overhead charged by insurance companies is regulated"
The PPACA put a limit the profits insurance companies can make. This was another great talking point that meant virtually NOTHING. IIRC only one insurer was out of line when it was passed. All the others were already in compliance. Oh, and that one was out of line by ~1%. Herring anyone?