View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #98
glatt

Ugh.

So I'm at work. And we have a case that I've been told I can "trash" all the old physical exhibits from. I have about a week to get rid of the materials before the space has to be emptied.

There are 70 large document boxes, and each box contains about 5 of these things. Of different types. It's the entire freaking collection.
Name:  warhammer.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  73.1 KB

So now I need to decide if I want to just trash this stuff as instructed, or if I want to try to get it all home somehow and sell it all off on E-Bay. I don't have room in my house to store 70 boxes easily. They take up a lot of space.

So the pros are that this item I have pictured above sells for around $30-$50 each on eBay. And there are a LOT of them. I could make maybe $3,000-$10,000 selling them all.

The cons are that I need a freaking truck to get them all home. And I would need a place to store them, and it would take, I dunno, an hour to sell each one, once I got a rhythm going. That includes posting the item on eBay, packing it up, shipping it, and then tracking it. So I'd be filling our house with tons of crap and it would take me hundreds and hundreds of hours of work to get rid of all of the stuff.

I'd probably make around $20-$30/hr doing all this.

Is it worth it?

How do you walk away from a potential $10,000? But it's a huge hassle and a ton of work.

Oh, and did I mention there are thousands of these little figurines in blister packs? They go for a buck or two on eBay.
Name:  warhammer2.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  57.3 KB

Ugh!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote