View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #457
monster
I hear them call the tide

Cancer

A long, long time ago, I came to the US from Britain. And I was pregnant and culture shocked. And I found an internet bulletin board for British Expats.

A few years later a guy in California found it. Weird guy. into photography, cars and horses. Had an animal or two, vehemently anti reproduction, but had a wife who he cherished and loved and who was in everything he said and everything he did. they guy could be a bit of a dick, but his love for her surpassed everything. They went through fibroids and all sorts of horrible things and he documented it all and his love shone through all the while.

The bulletin board turned forum became defunct several years ago, but many of us are still in touch and some are friends on facebook. I put him on "quiet" mode a while back (because he could be a bit of a dick), but learned through our mutual expat friends that his beloved Emily died from cancer this morning. I never met her, but she seemed so vivacious and someone who is anyone's reason for living should not get cancer and die. No-one should get cancer and die. Stupid fucking disease.