View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #7894
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

You guys are great, and have really been helpful. Thank you.

Monster, I do remember that and this is that friend I told you about. I think this friendship has beenin trouble for a long time. We just have had so many great times. But really, based on what? I thought it was based on mutual acceptance for who we are. And we've fought and made up, like good friends sometimes do, but I don't know about this time. However, I am forgiving to a fault...but do I want this friendship that I'm not sure is even healthy anymore?

I've let good people fade from my life, never thinking I was good enough I think and hence avoiding the anxiety of the social interaction. This person wouldn't let me do that. She's very determined. And as a sometimes reclusive lonely person sometimes I needed that persistence to force me out of the shell.

So I'm sad. I don't know if we'll talk this one out or not but it seems those underlying 'ideals' may be the end of it. The shit of it is, I'm sure she has no idea how deeply she cut...and may think I'm so damn charmed I will just rise above like us privileged are wont to do.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote