Thread: Bush the doof
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2001, 08:55 AM   #27
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

You will not see Roe Vs Wade recinded - just made impossible by little degrees. Remember RU-486 that was banned because the extremist right wing fears any population planning by the little people. We cannot be trusted to determine how many children we will raise. RU-486 exposes the ultimate objects of these extremists as they stifle all future fetal tissue work.

We have a mindless ex-President who banned the medical research that could have avoided his mental condition. Yes - they fear anything that would involve little people controlling the quality and objectives of their families. This program will be restarted.

As for Roe vs Wade, don't be so certain. If you watch how the Supreme Court works - how Scalia effectively redirect the court with his puppy dog - what is his name - the black juror --- they only need one more Scalia type and Roe vs Wade is history.

It was a real suprise that Miranda was not overturned. Roe v Wade will not have the same protections from this court. It is endangered. I believe Scalia has more influence in the current court than even Cheif Justice Reinquest AND Scalia would quite likely be recommended by Bush Jr as the next Cheif Justice.

Keep in mind what drives extremists. They don't compromise because they believe they have to protect everyone else from immoral concepts - using their religious definitions of morality. These are dangerous people because this extremist mindset means no dissent in their ranks.

Quote:
Originally posted by failsafe
See above for exactly the type of over reaction I was commenting upon. IMHO, of course!

Now, seriously, how really different are the Republicans and Democrats? Sorta like Coke and Pepsi, eh? Both desperately want you to think that they are so different and unique and each really depends on the other (largely) to define themselves and gain (very temporary) political advantage.

As a "fer example", we won't see repeal of Roe v. Wade. It'd be too politically unpopular and the Repubs know it. This despite all the noise and FUD on both sides of the issue.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote