View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #36
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Well, since you asked ... spent the morning looking through help wanted ads online. Applied to nothing since they all suck. Then Dan & I had a speech about an hour north of here and I had an interview in Plymouth meeting at 5 which left us an hour to go shopping in between the two.
The coordinator for our speech was out sick, so the big boss from the hospital was there instead. As we were leaving she said that she had never seen a better presentation and was in tears during part of mine. Said it was beyond moving. That made me feel good about myself for the first time in months.
When shopping, we got one recipient done - my first. lol I suck at buying gifts this year. Took Dan to my interview (which was at a restaurant) and let him sit at the counter to eat dinner while I met with the owner and his sales manager. We took too long and Dan got bored. So he went around the restaurant introducing himself to various patrons sharing his story until the GM went and reeled him in. He got his dinner comped and the GM gave him a big ass piece of Butter cake for free also. They talked together for about 20 minutes. When I was done and leaving he corralled me, introduced himself and gave me a big handshake and a hug. Told me his story about losing a family member to a DD accident.
I think I got the job, Dan was a hit and the ride home wasn't too bad. Win, win, win.