View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #463
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Volt as designed was so bad that they had to remove batteries and add a motor. There is no replacement for that Kludge. Trump actually did good for America. His tariffs killed crap called a Volt.

As usual, GM's mythical 42 MPG from its motor is only a pathetic 35 MPG. My Civics routinely did 40 MPG. A Lexus hybrid just up from Virginia - he was routinely doing in the mid to high 40s MPG. That is a larger car.

Many Chevy dealers are not permitted to sell the Bolt. Bolt is the $50,000 attempt to compete with Tesla. Obviously it is also not selling.

Chevy Spark, that should have been a hybrid, was designed using last generations technology. No hybrid version (as best I can tell) is even in the planning stage. Another trophy for the GM showcase.

No fact yet justified the Volt. It was crap. Any advantage it has is even found in hybrids from Ford. Volt is another GM trophy alongside the EV1.

A Volt battery only gets 40 miles? Golf carts designed to be licensed are almost as good.

The automotive press has also been just as critical. So the naive also call them demented.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote