View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #263
monster
I hear them call the tide

Umm....

So...

She's kind of frightening me with her improvements.

They all swam their best events on Tues because it was a good team. They all swam horribly andlost a little horribly. Swimmers girl's best events are 100 breast and 200 IM

Tonight was THE local match-up they had to win But SG is being rested from her best events in the hope that she'll swim them even better on Saturday at MISCAs.

So she swam the 50 free .... dropped.29 seconds to swim a 26.74. That's nuts! One of my goals for her this season was to break the 27 -she just blew that away.

....and the 500 free

For the 4th time ever. She swam it a couple of weeks ago and dropped 15 seconds from last year. It's a 6-7 minute race for most, 5 plus change for champions. Last year she swam it twice and clocked 6 minutes both times.

She swam it a couple of weeks ago and dropped 17 seconds but coach was all "oooh you can do so much better....". So SG said to me and i passed on to coach that she feels abandoned. She doesn't know how to swim a 500.

coach said "oops, she's so awesome, I forget she's so inexperienced in some events...." result. Yesterday SG got trained in how to do it, today she dropped ANOTHER 15 seconds, and almost got a state cut.

As coach said, "this is not her event, she will never swim it at States, but it's awesome to know that she could"

And during the boring diving, I found out that she's swimming the fly, not the breast (as she though) at MISCAS on Saturday. it's cool, she already has a State Cut in Breast, coach has insisted all along that she's not a fly swimmer.. I think this is an admissio of guilt