View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Thinking about going back to Uni

I'm thinking in the next educational year which will start in about Feb 2013. The baby will probably be about 4 or 5 months old by then. I'm thinking about doing an online bachelors degree in social science majoring in psychology with a view to getting into youth counselling after the midgets are at school which gives me about 5 years to finish a 3yr full time course, but I have up to 8 years to complete it.

I think I might get some credit for the large part of my education degree which I've completed. Maybe even a whole years worth. Probably wont be that lucky, but probably at least one semesters worth, which would mean 6 months less to study.

So anyway, do you think I'm being stupid? I've been thinking about it for a while now, so it's not a spur of the moment thing. I think I can handle it as long as I don't have issues with my own mental health after the new baby is born. I figure by 5 or 6 months old, the baby will be starting to be interested in stuff Max is doing so might be more occupied and I'll get to do my study during nap times and after bed time.

Originally when I started my education degree I wanted to do youth counselling, but I let my brother talk me out of it, but I feel that this is really the area I want to work in, so I'm feeling like I'm heading in the right direction now. To add to that, my experiences with my own kids and some other situations I've been involved in have really fortified my view that it's an area where for whatever reason, I have some skills to offer just through my life experience and my level of compassion for the troubles kids face these days.

So anyway, what do you reckon?