View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #252
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Think of the precedent. If employer A is allowed to exempt certain things from being covered due to religious beliefs, where does that end?

Bill to allow employer to deny any preventative service

The bill failed, as well it should, but seriously...WTF is wrong with people? Offering coverage is not the same as forcing you to take the effing pills.

I literally had this arguement with an old friend on Facebook yesterday...he said, Obama wants to prevent us from having babies!!

ExCUSE me?

How would YOU go about reducing abortions and preventing unwanted pregnancies? How about we start with eduction and affordable contraception? And I'm not talking about the 5 month waiting list at the health department or braving the demonstrators screaming in your face at Planned Parenthood. I mean, my doctor checks me out, writes a prescription, I get it filled. Then, every month, I go to the pharmacy and pick it up.

Or, like in some places in Europe and in Mexico, buy the damn birth control over the counter without a prescription for pennies, or totally free with a prescription.

But no, that's anti-religion here in the land of the free, home of the brave.