View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I didn't realize there had been a death. Thanks for bringing it to attention.

I've listened to DMB off and on through the years and I respect a band that puts in classical or brass pieces into their music.

I went to the DMB official website and found this mention about the c/d you want and Leroi.

As part of a continual effort to celebrate the life and memory of our friend and brother, founding DMB member LeRoi Moore, we are releasing his last concert performance as the next Live Trax volume. LeRoi performed his last Dave Matthews Band show on June 28, 2008 at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA, not far from his Charlottesville home. Proceeds from the sales will be donated by Dave Matthews Band in LeRoi’s memory to the Charlottesville Music Resource Center and the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville-Albemarle, among other charitable organizations which best reflect LeRoi’s spirit and passions.

Highlights of the Nissan show include the acoustic version of The Space Between, a song that had not been played live since 04. Sledgehammer made its live debut at the Nissan show, afterwards becoming a favorite on summer tour set lists. Other highlights include the ever-passionate Don’t Drink the Water, a tight version of So Damn Lucky followed by The Dreaming Tree; Boyd’s jam on Louisiana Bayou and LeRoi and Rashawn’s jam on Anyone Seen the Bridge are also noteworthy. The show ended with another summer tour favorite, Sly and the Family Stone’s Thank You (Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Agin).

06.28.08 Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge, Bristow, VA is available for Pre-Order until Friday March 20th at 3:00 p.m. ET and is available as a 2-CD set or as a digital download in MP3 or FLAC format for a Special Pre-Order only price. We are also offering the 2-CD set with a T shirt in chocolate featuring the flower sax logo on the front and Fire Dancers with lotus flower logo on the back. The flower sax image was originally used on the final show poster of the 2008 Summer Tour to celebrate LeRoi's birthday. Volume 14 may also be pre-ordered at a discount with Live Trax volumes 10-13.

Last edited by skysidhe; 02-01-2009 at 07:01 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote