View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #11028
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
99.9% of the jewelry in the world isn't worth shit compared to the experiences and memories the owner attaches to it. That's the real value of possessions. Even if Thor finds some pieces and you decide not to repair it, having those pieces in the jewelry box can't hurt.
Booth boys went out with the flashlight but didn't find anything. It's really really small.

But you think memories etc are attached to certain things and I have been finding they kind of aren't. Which is a really weird realization for me because I'm a terrible hoarder. I'm sure it's shock and I'll be devastated later when something about the horribleness of it hits me more, but it was just a thing. Finding it won't bring him back. And the memories? They hit you when you least expect it. It's places and events and smells and sounds that do it...

I was at Thunderboy's Water polo tournament a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night. 4pmish game at a rival high school in town. First away game of the season. Sat in the stands (which never happens at the home games because I'm always on the score table), early for the game because I'd dropped him off an hour before the game for warm up... and it dawned on me beest wasn't going to walk in and join me just before the start of the game, straight from work, like he always did on such occasions. He wasn't coming. It was pretty fucking horrible.

Bizarre though tit might seem, if there ever was a best time to lose the stone out of one's engagement ring, this is probably it. Because I have a lot of shit to help me put it in persepctive.

I'm really fucking pissed tho. why didn't I take them off? Well, I was only planning on planting a couple of mini plants I just bought ...but it was a nice evening and the job just kind of escalated.... Why did I take my gloves off which might have protected it? Because the lopper id hard with gloves and not dirty or full of sap. :/

What if? pointless. Beest is till gone. And at least I managed to keep my ring in tact this long. He lost his before we were even married!

Here's a sad pic of the loss: Name:  emptyringsml.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  49.3 KB