View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #908
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Scratch my previous suggestion that SD consider being a nursing assistant. She apparently lacks the sound judgement needed to be a people person in the workplace.

Perhaps she needs an occupation working primarily with things rather than people, where one learns through on the job training and progresses by becoming skilled in a wider variety of things; or, on more sophisticated things rather than by supervising or taking care of others.

With her disposition, she may sooner or later find herself somewhere in logistics. The sooner the better. Companies like to train them young to add long term stability to their workforce. She could start out with something like packaging things in a factory and move up to operating machines that make the things. Could be there's an analogous situation in construction, shipping, maintenance ... etc. that she might like if she tried it.

Guard against her repeatedly applying for jobs she doesn't have the profile for. It's just as tempting to some to become a professional "terminee" as it is for others to become a professional student to get out of working for a living. I wouldn't give her more than three chances (i.e. jobs) to learn that she has to conform to doing what it takes to hold a job without getting fired. While getting fired may be devastating the first time, by the third or forth time it's old hat.

You may have to reassess your priorities and focus on first getting her independent transportation in that city. Her best bet may be working through a temp agency where she can experience a variety of places without having them as references. A single cumulative agency reference will take into account the totality of her work and obscure the places she went to that may have made her DNR (Do Not Return). She can still ask supervisors at the places that really liked her if she can use them as phone references.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote