View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #11180
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Every time I seem to be doing ok and the month ahead looks ok and I am more or less straight financially - I get fucked up by a vet bill. So then I have to borrow to get through the month so the next month I start on the back foot - sometimes for a couple of months - get straight, all paid up and looking like I won' have to borrow to get through the month .....bang - vet bill

So - I started out today with an ok bank balance - we got our xmas bonus, not much but not nothing (£180 after tax) - I have bought most of the pressies and not gone mad, got carrot a new dog bed, looking ok for the rest o fthe month, even though it's always a longer month (early Dec payday means a 5 week month)

Was meeting mum down at the vets with me going straight from work and her bringing Carrot from her house - it was a follow up appt only - just how's he doing on his new meds and here's another month supply: 5 mins, £30 - £40 max....

Mum arrived at the vets with carrot and told me that while she was in the bathroom, he'd gone int her bedroom and stolen her hearing aid off her side table - chewed the fuck out of it and some of the pieces she couldnt find including the tiny battery.

So instead of a simple followup visit it was a 40 minute, induce vomiting visit that cost £156

The hearing aid is NHS but even so is £80 replacement (not that mum can get it replaced this side of new year, so she is going to spend the entire season struggling to hear)

I've gone from 'I'm ok, comfortable and can even maybe afford to go for a nice meal with friends over xmas' to ' I have less than £70 a week after bills for the next 5 weeks and no leeway for anything'

I dont know how he does it. Every goddamn time.

Last month on payday I treated myself to a new vacuum cleaner (after a year of borrowing mums at weekends) as I made the payment I thought - I know what's going to happen.... ' and yes - 2 days later we had to go to the vets and I spent the rest of the month penny pinching to try to limp my way to payday

I got paid this month 4 days ago. I bought the presents, went to the hairdressers for the first time in almost a year and then I ordered his new dog bed (£40 - not the cheapest but by no ,means an expensive one) and treated myself to a takeout meal - and as I did it, I thought, I know what's going to happen next...

Every. Fucking. Time.

*takes deep breath*

OK - am feeling somewhat calmer and less upset. Thank you for listening.

Also Carrot is now a very sad doggy. Poor poor Carrot. He doesnt know he did it to himself.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote