View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Are women born with all the eggs they'll ever produce?

That's what they told me in 10th grade biology. Seems like it can't be right. If they were..... How would we have evolved at all?

So, you're born with all your eggs, and they gradually deplete as you age and at some point you exhaust the supply, have hot flashes, act like a bitch, and then calm down. But?

If that was the case..... If you were born... eggs intact, all spoken for.... From the jump.... That would mean the egg half of the zygote you started as,... is exactly the same as the half your mother was born with, right? Because she was also born with all of her eggs. And her mom. Where would mutation or evolution get hold of the xx side, ever?

Does all mutation come from changes to the male DNA, that occurs prior to the production of the sperm that brings the Y chromosome?

Studies say mice can produce new eggs if they have loss of significant amounts of born eggs. Stem cells will regenerate if need be. Difficult to discern in humans. Still.... Smart bodies we have.

Women can create, nurture, and deliver new humans. That's awesome. But is it only Men that can create better humans? Does all mutation and evolution originate in the male hemisphere?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote