View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 05:42 PM   #88
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Questions for Evoutionists. (I don't expect an answer to these, this is rhetorical.)
Well, you're going to get one anyway.

Quote:

6. When, where, why, and how did life come from dead matter?
Nobody knows. NO ONE knows. Just to be clear, "no one" means that everyone (as in every person on the planet) is to be included in the group that doesn't know.

I'm sure that someone has a theory that is at least based on information derived from study as opposed to someone simply pulling it out of their ass.

Quote:

7. When, where, why, and how did life learn to reproduce itself?
Nobody knows. NO ONE knows. Just to be clear, "no one" means that everyone (as in every person on the planet) is to be included in the group that doesn't know.

I'm sure that someone has a theory that is at least based on information derived from study as opposed to someone simply pulling it out of their ass.

Quote:

8. With what did the first cell capable of sexual reproduction reproduce?

Quote:

9. Why would any plant or animal want to reproduce more of its kind since this would only make more mouths to feed and decrease the chances of survival? (Does the individual have a drive to survive, or the species? How do you explain this?)
1) You are presupposing that there is a desire on the part of the plant as well as the ability to judge its own survival needs.

2) Nobody knows. NO ONE knows. Just to be clear, "no one" means that everyone (as in every person on the planet) is to be included in the group that doesn't know.

Quote:

10. How can mutations (recombining of the genetic code) create any new, improved varieties? (Recombining English letters will never produce Chinese books.)
It creates improved varieties by producing a variant member of the species with traits that differ from the norm. In theory, beneficial traits improve the survivablility of the variants with the mutation.

As to the letter analogy, that variation is only applicable within a species (or language). Those mutations may give us new words that are more useful. Mutation will not turn a dog into a cat.

Quote:

11. Is it possible that similarities in design between different animals prove a common Creator instead of a common ancestor?
Possible? Yes, but there is no evidence of any sort to point to that.

Which raises another question. Why does everyone presume a christian creation myth. Wouldn't it make more sense that an older religion would have more accurate information about creation since it was closer?

Similarities brought about by environmental needs at least make sense.

Quote:

12. Natural selection only works with the genetic information available and tends only to keep a species stable. How would you explain the increasing complexity in the genetic code that must have occurred if evolution were true?
Change occurs over time, mutation as well as evolution. As mutations occur, benign or malign, complexity increases. If a malign mutation occurs, evolution may occur to compensate, increasing complexity. As the environment changes, evolution occurs to compensate, increasing complexity.

Quote:

13. When, where, why, and how did: a) Single-celled plants become multicelled? (Where are the two- and threecelled intermediates?) b) Single-celled animals evolve? c) Fish change to amphibians? d) Amphibians change to reptiles? e) Reptiles change to birds? (The lungs, bones, eyes, reproductive organs, heart, method of locomotion, body covering, etc., are all very different!) How did the intermediate forms live?

Quote:
14. When, where, why, how, and from what did: a) Whales evolve? b) Sea horses evolve? c) Bats evolve? d) Eyes evolve? e) Ears evolve? f) Hair, skin, feathers, scales, nails, claws, etc., evolve?

Quote:

15. Which evolved first (how, and how long, did it work without the others)? a) The digestive system, the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to find and eat the food, the digestive juices, or the body’s resistance to its own digestive juice (stomach, intestines, etc.)? b) The drive to reproduce or the ability to reproduce? c) The lungs, the mucus lining to protect them, the throat, or the perfect mixture of gases to be breathed into the lungs? d) DNA or RNA to carry the DNA message to cell parts? e) The termite or the flagella in its intestines that actually digest the cellulose? f) The plants or the insects that live on and pollinate the plants? g) The bones, ligaments, tendons, blood supply, or muscles to move the bones? h) The nervous system, repair system, or hormone system? i) The immune system or the need for it?

All that being said, no one espousing a religious first cause for anything cannot say so with any authority at all, other than what they derive from inside themselves.

Without evidence of any sort it is simply fiction.

Edit: fixed a typo

Last edited by Troubleshooter; 05-09-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote