View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #15
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I miss my Gran's home made burfi and Kulfi......I miss a lot... But mainly I prefer being a grownup......I would rather be a younger grownup *grin* like say 22 or something.....

Funny thing. The stuff i really miss most is indefinable. A few smells....like the smell of the hickory smoke that the beekeepers use to knock the bees out ( my Da kept bees) ......oh yah..theres another one, eating honeycomb straight from the hive !

Me and my Bro ganging up on Mum to persuade her to buy the latest gizmo( like VHS!)

And my Dad. I miss the way he was, the way we were before the walls grew. I see him and I am closer to him than many but.....He's a bit of a recluse.....and he hates when anybody visits his house because he filled it to the ceiling with junk....

Cheers! now there was a show!.....and the muppets.....that used to come on on a sunday in the UK, just before or just after Heart to Heart.....

ahhh that takes me back. Mum would have made a bunch of sandwiches and baked a cheese and onion pie, maybe some scones. Bath, Pyjamas and Muppet show with sarnies and pie mmmmm Me, Mum my big Bro....Dad if he wasnt workin..

ok....gonna stop now before i cry.
Oh wait....no there was one more, yah someone mentioned skating! I used to love that....Up and down up and down the street.....and playing with a tennis ball and racket against next door's garage...
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote