View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 06:30 AM   #30
Griff
still says videotape

I'm glad to say farewell to the boomers. The millennials I know are very connected with each other in a way that we don't get. They know that organizations like the NRA and the GOP stand between their generation and what they see as sensible solutions to generational problems. I have one very politically engaged kid and one who hates politics but they both vote every time.

I used to buy the whole 2nd Amendment and libertarian line and it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out they are just a smoke screens for the most reactionary elements in our society.

Finishing Population Wars after setting it aside for too long, evolutionary biology has a lot to say about our politics and it is not an endorsement of survival of the fittest. Assimilation and accommodation more accurately describe survival.

Stream on consciousness off ramp... The GOP controlled house is going after Pappy Bushes' American's with Disabilities Act again.