Thread: Post Your Pet
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #2100
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

My husband and I rescued Freya when she was 11 months old. We had her 4 years and 4 days. She passed on due to Boxer Cardiomyopathy, the nastier side of it, at that. Freya was not quite your typical boxer. She was more quiet, skitish and nervous than most dogs. This was because of what ever had happened to her before we got her. She was a scaredy cat right up til the day she passed on. She was also the most loving, gentle girl in the whole world. She would play, but she played much gentler. Her best friend was a small pappion/heeler cross. Freya would lay down, so the little one could play with her.

Loki, we got as a 4 month old puppy, and he has turned out to be such a dork! We love him dearly. He has such a sense of humour, and loves to snuggle. He is big for his breed, so the vet says, and so far no indication of a heart murmmur.

Aesa is a sweetie, she is about 1.5 years old, maybe closer to 2. She is TINY compared to Freya and Loki, and much more assertive with her play style. She sounds like she is about to rip you to pieces, and yet she is just all talk. You call her, or clap your hands, and she stops and looks at you. You remind her of the house rules and chances are, she will sit down and then bark once at you. She is a sassy teenager!

All 3 are/were our shadows, our constant companions and the loves of our lives. Freya and Loki are/were condsidered to be "flashy brindles", Aesa is just brindle. She has a full black mask (except a few white hairs on her nose, that make her look like she has a dirt smudge)

Over half the boxers in our area are brindles, while the fawn (light brown with black faces and white tummies) is still the "mascot" of the breed. More and more people are also raising the white boxers as well. If fact, 2 doors down from me, they have a white female, and a dark black/brown flashy brindle male. I can see them from my dining room window as I type. I can't wait until Aesa is more climatized, and we can have play dates. Just think 4 boxers under 2 running around at the same time!
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote