Thread: About Abuse
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #99
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Listen up, anon et al. I ain't gonna change. You don't like it? Tough. You want rid? Make this place so floral, wishy-washy and marshmallow-post infested I can't take it any more. But I will fight such invasions until it ain't worth it, and I suspect I'm not alone, so you have your work cut out. But feel free to try.

FFS look at the user name I picked. Sometimes you can judge a book by the cover if it's graphic enough.

Curious. What do the 'bold'ed statements mean EXACTLY? What do you mean by marshmallow-wishy washy,Disney land and how do you exactly plan to fight this imaginary invasion?

Specific examples of both please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
This is a completely voluntary recreational board. Meaning you are free to participate, or not; respond, or not, anyway you like. All idiotic posts or posters are completely ignorable in that case because you do not have to respond to them. You are not forced, you don't have to interact with them on any level, you don't even have to see their face. I hate to break it to you, but you have wasted valuable time on intolerable dumb and irritating posters who were ignorable, since they all are ignorable.

This is not the general "interwebs," this is the Cellar. The Cellar is a social outlet for many dwellers, that means we probably see each other as friends or acquaintances that we want to hang out with for the most part. I don't get my feelings hurt by strangers, I get my feelings hurt by friends and acquaintances. Do I want to be liked by
everyone? No. Do I want to be liked by the friends and acquaintances I choose to spend time with? Yes, otherwise I'd be a huge masochist, and I'm not. I do like your input a lot of the time and would like to respect/have your respect monnie, just as I would with a friend. If you don't give a fuck what your friends and acquaintances think of you or if you hurt their feelings, then I can't imagine why you would even bother socializing with them, obviously you don't like them.
Good post, even though I read recreational as reactionary the first time
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote