View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
And here I though net neutrality was about packet prioritization. It turns out to be about whatever you fear. It's a bogeyman.

T-Mobile offered free music streaming for specific services - basically, hey you pay for 2 GB/month, but we know Spotify and the like use up a lot of that. We'll give you that part without worrying about the data limits.

That was apparently against this form of net neutrality where apparently the rule is things are not supposed to cost more or less for one bit than for another.
No it wasn't, that was their choice not yours, a gimmick to promote T-mobile. So anyone that wants to listen to streaming music should switch to T-mobile? And if you can't or won't, fuck you? If you don't live in the urban land of choice, fuck you? If 2GB isn't enough for you just pay more? Because they can't charge for speed they nail you for GBs?

You seem to forget you're a computer dude, the 1%, most people are not and don't even understand your workarounds you've been citing for years as evidence it's not a problem. But none of the ones you've stated solve that last mile problem for the millions who don't have a choice in the last mile.

When they came for the Netflixers, I said nothing.
When they came for the gamers, I said nothing.
When they...