View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #116
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja View Post
Without a trial with legal due process rights, how do you know which, if any, of the people held at Gitmo are enemy combatants?
I don't have all the answers. So far as they are not US Citizens I do not believe they have the same rights as the rest of us. What part of that did you miss? I am not asking you to agree with me.

Quote:
You say that non-citizens have no legal due process rights in America, so why bother to give anyone at Gitmo a trial? Why not simply authorize you to go down there and bash all of their heads in because they are not U.S. citizens?
Because I would rather send them directly to their home countries and let them do with them as they wish, not my problem.

Quote:
You’d make a good Nazi since you would willfully deprive anyone who is merely accused of a crime (and I would presume by your statement that you include citizens and non-citizens alike) of their due process rights just because they have been accused.
Amazing. The only thing you know of me is what has transpired on this board. But yet you presume to know what my credentials are.