Thread: Grenfell Blaze
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #36
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
SO there was only a fire at WTC and not planes crashing into those towers, which could have a negative impact on the stability of those buildings?
WTF!!!

And I hope Pie was live when going mental! I like that guy!
The building was designed to withstand an airplane crashing into it, there is an interview with one of the architects who designed it and he explains in detail how the structure works.

Had you paid attention in science class, i.e. physics, you'd understand that a free-falling body with only air resistance is going to fall faster than one that has to smash into the floor below which would absorb energy slowing its descent.

Really basic physics. Known weights, know structural strengths, known constant of gravity. The time it took the buildings to collapse was the same time it takes a free-falling object to make the same trip.

Every time a floor hit another floor energy and speed were robbed. There's no way those buildings could collapse that fast with out help.