View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Bush takes the presidential election

I know most of the major players here and where they stand. More than a few have some great minds regarding politics, even though I strongly disagree with their leanings.

I am convinced that we are near critical mass in the US. The country is polarized more than any time than I can remember. The elections, in my opinion, will not settle any disputes or create any unity. They will further divide us all. Will one half of the voting public just stand down and accept defeat?? Not a chance, it will energize both sides to push their agendas even further, legally or illegally.

The winning team will glow with the idea that they won fair and square through the effective use of the system, and they will be wrong. The losing team will be convinced that they were somehow cheated and they need not accept the results of the contest, and they will also be wrong.

So will we be headed into a civil war? What will be the "first volley from Ft. Sumpter"? Has it already been fired? What will a civil war look like this time around? The lines are not geographic but I am convinced that there is at least as much fervor over the modern political issues as there was during the Civil War.

So here's the scenario. Bush takes office, after a landslide victory.

What is happening to the economy? Terrorism? Jobs? Crime? How does the "mood" of the country change? What direction are we now headed with Bush in office for another 4 years?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote