View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 07:12 PM   #4620
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Which is the chicken and which is the egg here?

I think the girl is pretty, she's thin, but pretty. There's no fucking way she's "too big". And anybody that's sending that message is simply wrong. "The Media" (whatever) says a lot of shit, and much of it is found in advertising--ALL KINDS of advertising. Making positive associations between a given image and a given product is what they're all about. Regardless of the efficacy of the product, or the truthfulness of a given claim.

Now I'm not a young girl, but I wouldn't be swayed by someone who suggested that a young woman with the figure of the gal in the video was "too big". I reckon there are those that might be influenced that way, but the fact of the matter is such a claim is simply untrue, and can be safely ignored.

Of course, if the people hiring her all believe it, ignoring them could mean not getting work from those people. That might be a problem. But there are lots of problems like that in the world. I'm not the right body type to play professional football. I know that. The NFL would know know that in about two seconds if they ever cared to look at me. I think some of those guys are extremely fit and quite good looking, just as that young woman is, in her way. But the image and self image of the person is not the same thing as being suitable for a given job.

How does she look? She looks great. How well suited for a given modeling career/agency/campaign is she? That's not up to me. I hope she can tell the difference.