View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #6415
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
I suppose it's puzzling more than irritating but I reserve the right to be irritated.
This morning I went off to the nearby town for the weekly grocery shop and arrived at 0745 as usual.
Traffic was light, the supermarket car park was only about ten per cent occupied and I always park in a far corner as it's convenient for the exit.
Also I have a reasonable expectation of being able to fling the car doors open without worrying about other people's paint work while I load up. Except for this morning.
Having wended my way back to the car there, wedged right up close to it, was a Nissan Juke.
There were acres of space so what in the name of sanity possessed the other party to park next to me?
I should point out that I am not car proud. I drive a 1992 (that's not a typo) VW Passat and it's USP is that it goes.
In all honesty I'm surprised that anyone would want to park next to it.
Is there some sort of primeval herd instinct at work here?
Does David Attenborough have any theories?
Similarly, when I go on an afternoon-long errand excursion, I often grab a bite at a drive-thru fast food joint. Then I park my car in the emptiest section of the parking lot to eat my late lunch in privacy.

Invariably, someone will pull up and park right next to me, then sit in their car (not eating anything) to do I don't know what.

A few weeks ago, while minding my own business in an otherwise deserted parking lot, a fast food employee came out and stood directly in front of my car to smoke a cigarette.

WTF?
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote