View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #5886
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Casi, that's exactly how I plan to approach it.

The way things are at present:
I said I wouldn't eat another meal with her again, and I am sticking to it.
As it was her initial request, I'm waiting for her to ask me down to lunch or dinner.
It is VERY childish, I am aware of that.

However she did make a Sunday roast yesterday, plated some up for me and left it in the fridge with a note saying I was welcome to it and to bin it otherwise. She called to me before I read it, saying the same thing and I said "Thank you very much" as was appropriate. I had it for lunch today.

On the other hand, she shouted up to me that "my" washing had finished. Despite the fact I'd removed "her" washing from the machine and pegged it out. We don't differentiate in this house. We both look after Dad and Grandad these days - I simply start and stop and peg out and tumble dry and iron (in the last 4 months anyway) as necessary. She does more than me - I admit. But she has less to do than she did before I moved in. This was like being back in a student house. But then I say that - I had two ironed tops on my door this afternoon. I just think we're both being careful.

We're slowly reaching rapprochement. I got two growing-up-in-London based autobiographies from the library today and offered them to her. They might be rubbish, but it was half an olive, if not a whole branch.

We'll get by.
It's our worst falling out I can remember. Over something so silly. But the problem is both of us believe we were right, even after the tide of temper went out.

And of course I've hammered another nail in the coffin of my relationship with my sister.
Oh well, I was a fool to think that would ever be revived as anything other than a shambling zombie anyway.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote