View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 12:56 PM   #348
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"Henry, what do you consider private?"

Anything and everything that isn't takin' money out of another's pocket, food off their table, or the shingles from the roof over their heads. In other words: If I'm not tangibly mucking around in their business, then 'my' business is none of 'their' business.

And: no, the possibility I 'might' muck around in their business tomorrow is not sufficient to justify them muckin' around in mine today.

#

"Is a conviction for a violent crime private?"

No, that is and should be a function of the public record (the trial is paid for with taxes and therefore is not strictly a private matter).

#

"Is a history of severe mental illness private?"

Yep, it's private till the afflicted stop mindin' their own business and keepin' their hands to themselves. And even then, that history should remain a private matter if the actions that got the afflicted in hot water are of the sort not demonstrably linked to their illness. Example: a glove box full of unpaid traffic tickets is not sufficient to violate patient/doctor privilege.

#

"Where do you draw the "drawers" line?"

Along the edges of my life (which, when not tangibly infringing on yours, is none of your business).
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote