View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #166
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
As an independent voter, I want Trump out as badly as anyone because he is obviously corrupt and a threat to the Republic. This does not excuse Democrats when they do things that undermine the integrity of the various departments. I recognize that some in the GOP are actively trying to undermine public confidence in the Justice Department. My confidence is bolstered when an internal review recommends that neither party be protected from the truth. We can come out the other side of all this with integrity intact.
I agree with this whole statement.

It's *still* a dick move. It is completely in character for Trump.

Most of all, I feel the show of it is far more important to Trump, and I think he's probably right in that regard. Why now I ask. If the report's been circulating for a while, why now? I've also read that the report hasn't even been completed yet, if so, why fire him now?

I'm looking forward to reading the report when it becomes available. The dribs and drabs I've read make things sound like there's a much different standard being applied, depending on how much Trump likes or dislikes you.

THAT'S the skeeviest part. I don't want either party to be protected from the truth ;neither do I want our government enacted by only the very best toadies.

No offense UT..