View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
Juniper
I know, right?

I've known bands like that.

Oh, I so do miss being out and about and seeing and befriending live bands. It used to be such a big part of my life. Hubby accuses me of spending time in bars to pick up guys (and I certainly did a bit of that...) but really I was just in love with live music.

There was (maybe still is) a bar in Clifton (near the Univ. of Cincinnati) called Sudsy Malone's. It was such a cool place back in the late 80's-early 90's. It was a laundromat in the back, a bar in front, with a stage. You could do your laundry, get drunk and listen to local bands all at the same time. I never did laundry there, but I did a lot of the other two.

I met lots of local bands there, including a guy named Fred who had a band called Carload of Sheep, totally campy and wonderful. Fred is dead now, killed in a car crash. And Adam, who I just came thisclose to falling in love with, sigh...thought he was THE best guitarist in town, well almost, second only to another local guy named Chastain. And then there was the Robin Lacy & DeZydeco, Menus, the Afghan Whigs, and Over The Rhine.

Last edited by Juniper; 11-01-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Linky linky linky!!!
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote