View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 06:40 AM   #39
CzinZumerzet
.....short for Caz

I have the camera but don't know how to stick pictures in here, I know, it's a bit sad but I don't care. I live on the second floor of a Victorian building converted from a hotel into flats just before the last war, and we also have a ghost! She (the ghost) is thirtyish with blonde curly hair and just sort of stands about the place smiling and lowering the temperature. She seems to be dressed in between the wars style, I'm guessing mid twenties and dowdy.

She visits mosts of the flats in the building but seems to spend the majority of her hanging about time in the basement kitchen.

Apart from her, I have tried to furnish and decorate in a style sympathetic to the building, so real and repro Victoriana is my style. The high ceilings and plaster moulding (molding?) is all in place and authentic as are doors and windows etc., and as the building is listed and in a conservation area we cannot change anything without permission. It is difficult to heat effectively of course so I close the main living room in winter, once the west wind starts to blow, and because the main bedroom is huge it doubles as a sort of bedsitter until the days get warm again. All of the rooms have working fireplaces which are cosy in winter but seabirds drop stuff down the chimneys. There's always something lying in the grate...