View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #1100
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
what is a fig newton?
Please excuse my Northern chum. Perhaps they have a different name oop t'Naarth.

Fig Newtons are well known in this part of the country.
Pig Newtons remain a little harder to find.

Dinner tonight was Chicken Biryani (frozen, Waitrose) with a home made veggie curry in sauce. Accoutrements were poppodums with chutney and M&S naan bread (the best I've tasted outside an Indian restaurant - shall have to try ours soon.)

Although not really cooking, I liked filling the house with the smell of curry and also the fact there was barely half a bowlful of scraps left - which I shall have for tea tomorrow.
I love it when food I make is devoured voraciously.

Good news is I only used about 1/4 of the frozen biryani.
So I know I'll be called upon to make it again. And this time Mum won't be wary of buying the extras (without the starters and naan they were less then £1, but I know the 'rents love the addditional dishes.)
They both enjoyed it so much.

She won't ask Dad. He prefers Tesco's prepacked curry to anything else. Nothing to do with the taste, he just likes the routine of buying it and reheating it, makes him feel secure. She'll either tell him the same night we're having Cherry's curry, or just tell me to make enough for the two of us instead.

Either way is a little sad, but if I cook, by the end of the meal he'll be happy.
Whereas Mum will be very cross with his "fart-arsing around" if he's trying serve up his own meal at the same time I am.